Back to the results
- General Labour
- Skilled Trades
Industrial Millwright/Mechanic – Cornwall, Ontario
Full Time Permanent position
12 hour shifts; Night Shift 7pm – 7am; Every other weekend
Are you a Red Seal Certified Millwright?
Do you have experience as an Industrial Mechanic/Millwright in a manufacturing environment?
Do you have experience working with refrigeration or heavy machinery?
Our client is looking for an industrial mechanic/millwright to join their state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in Cornwall, ON! Duties include trouble-shooting machine breakdowns, implementing root cause repairs, preventative maintenance and machinery modifications. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the industrial mechanic works on high-speed machinery, pneumatics and hydraulics, as well as perform general building maintenance. Follow/support Food Safety and Quality Guidelines. Works safely at all times, keeps work area clean and ensures that day-to-day operations run smoothly and efficiently.
• Read and understand the Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
• Practice and encourage safe work behavior
• Understand the procedure of reporting all accidents and near misses
• Understand the safety features of the equipment, such as guards, emergency stops and start up signals
• Understand and follow the food, safety, and quality procedures
• Understand and perform good housekeeping practices continuously
• Read and understand a work order
• Operate forklift in a safe manner after successful training is completed.
• Operate scissor lift in a safe manner after success training is completed.
• Locks out equipment before making adjustments or working on equipment.
• Mechanical installation according to industry standards.
• Installs new equipment as instructed
• Performs repairs/modifications of mechanical problems on plant machinery.
• Troubleshooting and timely repairs of broken-down equipment.
• Complete repairs within a reasonable time frame.
• At workstation when scheduled and remains for duration of assignment.
• Uses a logical process to identify and repair breakdowns
• Able to use welder and grinding equipment etc. to fabricate parts where required.
• Organization of parts areas.
• Correctly enters computer W/O specific details, parts/machine shop, requisitions as required.
• Complete documentation of work performed and parts re-order sheets.
• Research parts (where required) so that correct information provided when requesting parts to be ordered.
• Inputs required computer information.
• Clearly expresses ideas/concepts & instructions as required.
• Capable of quickly correcting issues in process/design/assignments.
• Competent use of hand tools and power tools.
• Organize/prioritize assignments
• Fabrication of parts/ equipment as required.
• Provides training to and readily helps less experienced maintenance personnel.
• Works independently and can work as part of a team when required.
• Communicates with co-workers and management.
• Communicate to supervisor if unable to work shift for any reason.
• Takes direction from Supervisor.
• Other duties as required.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are having problems applying through the portal, please send resume directly to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can apply directly through our website https://inacre.ca/en/candidats/emplois/
Requirements and experiences• Journeyman Millwright Certificate – Red Seal is required.
• Experience as an industrial mechanic/journeyman millwright in a manufacturing environment.
• Refrigeration or heavy-duty mechanic experience is an asset.
• Strong electrical troubleshooting skills will be preferred.
• Knowledge & understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
• Strong welding skills.
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Bilingual (English - French) would be considered an asset.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Safety orientated.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Comfortable working at heights.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits and other informationFull Time Permanent position (12 hour shifts)
12 hour shifts; 7pm – 7am; Every other weekend
$29.10 - $31.72/hr, depending on experience.
Full Benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision)
Employee-matched RRSP contribution
Site-based role in Cornwall
If you are interested, please send your application through our web site in the employment section, or directly via email to email@example.com
For further information, you can visit our web site https://inacre.ca/en/candidats/emplois/ or contact us via phone at 416 550 5135 ext 230.
We thank everyone who submits their application. However, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
We offer a referral bonus of $200 minimum if you present someone who is hired for one of our roles! Contact us for details.
to the job alert
Receive daily our latest job offers.Subscribe