Présentation de l'offre
Human Resources and Payroll Specialist - Ohio, USA
Do you possess:
1. Five to eight years’ experience in HR Generalist activities, with an emphasis in employee relations?
2. Two to three years’ experience processing hourly payroll in a union environment?
3. A Successful track record of recruiting and hiring quality personnel?
4. A comprehensive understanding of HR principles; in-depth knowledge of employment law (federal/state) and experience in resolving employee relations issues?
If you answered yes to the above 4 questions please read on……
We are looking for a Human Resources and Payroll Specialist to be responsible for various HR functions within our Client’s facilities in Niles, Ohio. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for recruiting, policy/procedure interpretation, investigations, and hourly weekly payroll processing as well as any other administrative related functions or projects in either Finance or HR areas as assigned.
Rôle et responsabilités
• Performs recruiting activities for exempt, non-exempt and hourly union positions to include the creation of job descriptions, screening, conducting interviews, candidate selection and extending offers of employment.
• Assists with new hire on-boarding.
• Investigate and respond to questions and complaints of exempt/non-exempt employees; conducting interview and fact-finding sessions in order to supply a successful resolution.
• Exercise independent judgment when analyzing problems and providing effective resolutions.
• Prepare materials and conduct training on Human Resource policies, procedures, and programs for salaried exempt/non-exempt employees.
• Assist Employee Relations Manager with interpreting policies, regulations, and programs in a manner conducive to company goals.
• Responsible for administering corporate and local human resource policies and procedures.
• Assists in the development of local level policies and procedures.
• Act as an employee advocate and as a company representative in balancing company policy, process, and culture, with employee needs.
• Assists the Employee Relations Manager with conducting employee relations investigations, performance review, organizational management, training, consulting with management and coordinating resolution of approved actions.
• Report generation and reconciliation of invoices.
• Maintain employee personnel files.
• Perform various administrative duties and provide office administration support as needed.
• Assist with reviewing, organizing, and verifying the accuracy and completeness of employee paperwork for new hires, changes, and terminations.
• Work closely with Accounting on payroll processing.
• Submit verification of employment requests, court orders and/or unemployment claims to Corporate for processing.
• Prepare and distribute requested payroll reports regarding employee records.
• Assist employees with payroll related questions regarding their paychecks.
• General filing of payroll and personnel documents.
• Run Weekly 64-hour report and assist with processing waivers
• Process 7012 for all terminations
• Investigate and prepare Payroll Adjustments for our Client’s Hourly employees due to: Incorrect Coding for Job Class, Incentive errors, Missed Punches, Grievance Settlements, & Hourly Union Initiation Fee.
Kronos Time and Attendance System:
• Enter new hires (Hourly and Salary)
• Update Home Labor Accounts (Hourly bids, transfers, and milestones)
• Running reports from Switchboard to assist with HR investigations (i.e. pay discrepancies, grievances, etc.)
Utilizing the Morning Star System:
• Review hourly call-offs and reconcile against Kronos
• Contact Department Supervisor to revise absence codes (as necessary)
• Notify HR and Occupational Nurse regarding employees who have missed 5 working shifts (return to work physical required).
• Preparation of Hourly Paychecks (weekly) to include sorting and distribution
• Manage the Hourly Vacation Card Process (annually).
Exigences et expériences
• Five to eight years’ experience in HR Generalist activities, with an emphasis in employee relations.
• Two to three years’ experience processing hourly payroll, preferably in a union environment.
• Successful track record of recruiting and hiring quality personnel across a wide variety of administrative, technical, managerial, professional and support functions.
• Advisory skills, comprehensive understanding of HR principles; in-depth knowledge of employment law (federal/state) and experience in resolving employee relations issues are required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Labor Relations, Accounting or Finance is preferred
• Previous manufacturing industry experience, preferably in a union environment.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with materials of a confidential nature.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Oracle experience preferred
• Kronos experience is required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Understanding of payroll-related laws (IRS wage, labor, etc.)
• Excellent analytical and communication skills.
Avantages et autres informations
Full time permanent position
Highly competitive Salary based on experience along with Full Benefits
Willingness to Travel Occasionally
If you are interested, please send your application (resume and cover letter) through our web site in the employment section or by email to email@example.com - We thank everyone who proposes their service. However, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
For further information, you can visit our web site www.inacre.ca or contact us via phone at +1 (416) 550 5135 ext 231
We offer a referral bonus of a minimum of $200 if you present someone that is hired through our services! Visit http://inacre.ca/a-propos/programme-de-referencement/ or contact me for details.